Recipe: Stuffed Peppers
Posted on October 15th, 2015
Since I got pregnant, I’ve made a conscious effort to cook more and research exactly what I’m putting into my body. I have turned my back on food packed with additives, sodas and anything tinned/canned/packaged. Trying to use as many whole foods as possible has been on top of my priority list.
Unfortunately, I don’t enjoy cooking. The thought of spending hours in the kitchen slaving away leaves me in a hot sweat; I want to get in an out as quickly as possible. These stuffed peppers are a quick, healthy and lean meal to cook up and store for later (a big plus if you’ve got children). With a 10 minute prep time and a 20 minutes in the oven these are faster than any at-home junky delivery service.
Ingredients (amend to number of peppers):
- Bell peppers
- Organic ground mince (I used turkey as it’s leaner than beef)
- Vegetable stock
- Frozen peas
- Spring onions
- Crumbled feta
- Himalayan seat salt
- Olive oil
(Preheat the oven to 150 degrees)
1. Heat up a teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan. Add minced meat with a sprinkling of paprika and cook till slightly brown.
2. Add frozen peas, chopped up spring onions, feta, salt and vegetable stock mixed with boiling water. Let simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. While the mince is simmering, cut the tops off of the bell peppers and scoop out the inside. Rub a small amount of olive oil on the outside of the peppers.
4. Drain the excess liquid from the mince and spoon into peppers. Then place in the oven for 20 minutes.
Serve with a Greek salad or homemade hummus for the perfect healthy dinner.